You have finally decided to replace your antiquated heating and cooling system with a brand-new, high-efficiency model, so you start the search for a local company that is willing to do the job. The first contractor you talk to promises to have your system up and ready in a day or two, which sounds too good to be true. While technically possible, heating and cooling system installation can be complicated, and the last thing you want is to pay a ton of money for a system that does not work properly. For superior indoor comfort all year round, you need to find a professional technician with the knowledge and skills to do the job right. It is important to be aware of what to expect during the installation process, so take a look at this handy guide to ensure that your new system will sufficiently meet your heating and cooling needs.
What to expect prior to installation
It takes skill to design and install a heating and cooling system, so be wary of any technicians that are trying to rush you through the process. Several things need to be completed before installation can begin, so make sure your technician provides you with:
- An accurate load calculation to help determine the size of heating and cooling system that will work best for your home
- Recommendations for products that are approved by independent quality organizations like the Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Institute (AHRI)
- Performance data on heating and cooling system options
- A venting system assessment to ensure the safety of your family
- A ductwork assessment to ensure optimal efficiency and to check for leaks or sizing issues
What to expect during installation
While the technicians need room to work, make sure they take the following steps during the installation process:
- Check the refrigerant charge
- Assess airflow throughout the home
- Check the thermostat for accuracy
- Keep an eye on all electrical components to ensure proper safety and function
What to expect following the installation
A dedicated and professional contractor will not simply bolt for the door once your new heating and cooling system is in place. They will take the time to introduce you to your new equipment and show you how everything works. Some of the things the technician should cover include:
- Routine maintenance schedules
- Important documentation such as the owner’s manual and any warranty paperwork
- Any measurements that were taken to facilitate future repairs and tune-ups.
The best way to ensure that your heating and cooling system is functioning properly and at maximum efficiency is to work with the talented and experienced technicians at CJS Heating and Air. Our team never cuts corners or rushes the installation process, because CJS means YES: We truly care about providing you with the absolute best services. To find out more information on professional heating and cooling system installation, contact us today!
For professional heating and cooling system installation, give us a call at (614) 388-9241!